HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!(unless you celebrated it yesterday in which case whatever)!!!! Today is the perfect day for falling into a heavenly turkey and gravy coma and then waking up when dessert is served because there's literally nothing better in this entire world than homemade pumpkin pie. So here is a recipe for amazing pumpkin pie brownies my friend Bella and I made recently on a great day filled with chai tea, lounging on hammocks and Dazed and Confused.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a springform pan or just a regular pan what even is a springform pan
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan for the brownie
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar, oil and vanilla
- Sift in flour, cocoa, tapioca powder, baking soda and salt into mixture
- Add melted chocolate
- Mix all ingredients for the pumpkin layer in one big happy bowl
- Spread brownie mixture along the bottom of the greased pan and along the edges of the pan (so it's like the bottom of a pie) and pour the pumpkin mixture over it leaving room at the edges
- Bake for 30 mins and let cool for 20
- Serve warm to family and friends, or eat it all alone in your room over re runs of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Hope everyone has a delicious Thanksgiving and gives lots of thanks to things worth giving thanks for like Leonardo DiCaprio and free wifi and Nutella and puppies being in existence and the fact Canada doesn't have to worry about whether or not Mitt Romney might run our nation.