August 31, 2012

hi, how are you?

I'm feeling very nostalgic on this last day of August (as an ANNOYING FLY BUZZES AROUND MY HEAD) and I am sitting here listening to the only musician that can make me feel even more lonely and hopeless (WHAT! IMPOSSIBLE! I know), yet so happy and peaceful at the same time. I first came across Daniel Johnston when I was 14 and he's been in my head ever since singing sweet lullabies to me in the most normal and non creepy way possible. His melodies give me all sorts of warm-and-fuzzy-sitting-by-the-fire-in-your-fav-sweater-on-a-crisp-evening-ok-this-is-getting-out-of-hand feelings, and don't even get me started on his artwork. SERIOUSLY DON'T unless you want to and we can have a nice chat about it over a rootbeer. Hear my cover of "True Love Will Find You In The End" HERE (<--- there).




Daniel Johnston, artwork, family portrait, artwork, Daniel Johnston and his tape,    
The Story of an Artist- Daniel Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment